Allstate #MayhemSale Experience Strategy
78% of burglars are using social media to find their next target.
Allstate asked us to bring this issue to light in a groundbreaking way.
What we did brought us to Cannes.
2015 Bronze Cannes Lion for best use of social audience
The creative team had a great insight: 78% of burglars are using social media to find their next target, which led them to the beginning of a great idea. What if we used Mayhem to showcase how real this problem is by actually breaking into a couples home who "overshared" that they were attending the Sugarbowl?
The creative concept was:
1. Find an oversharing couple & send them to the sugarbowl
3. Send Mayhem to the oversharing couples house to “rob it” via TV ads that drive to a website where consumers could buy the "oversharing couples" items.
3. Show the ads on the jumbotron at the game so the couple & everyone at the event would become aware.
The Case For Social Audience Participation
When I first reviewed the creative team's approach to the idea, I felt there was opportunity for digital participation. It made sense to bring awareness to this problem through Mayhem’s already large social audience - 30,000+ twitter followers and 1,000,000+ Facebook friends. I pitched a build on their idea:
Harness the power of Mayhems existing 1,030,000+ social audiences:
1. Use Chirpify to sell the oversharing couples items directly on twitter and facebook.
2. Utilize Mayhems social content management team to post items and comment in realtime.
2. Utilize a hashtag for social findability #MayhemSale.
3. Drive to facebook & Twitter form our TV Ads & display the hashtag.
4. Partner with ebay to utilize their website platform to sell the oversharing couples items, rather than building a custom site.
To help the client and the team see how we would execute the new direction I crafted an experience map to showcase how it would all work and amplify the campaign.